SEO stands to Search Engine Optimisation and is the process by which your online content is optimized so that search engines show it at the top of the results for certain keywords.
Each client's SEO project will be unique, just like every other service. The basic process involves:
- Analysis of the existing data and audits on current website, audiences and keywords.
- Goal setting and strategic planning
- Apply on-page SEO
- Use off-page SEO
- Analyze rankings changes and track them
- Continuous improvement of campaigns. Continue building on-page, as well off-page, SEO
People who spend more time searching search engines have higher intent levels than those who use other channels.
A searcher might be looking for the "best plumber near me", top restaurants in Melbourne, best first date ideas in Melbourne, or where to find party supplies. The first page results on Google will receive approximately 80%.
Both SEO and PPC come with their own advantages and disadvantages. Simply put:
- PPC can be a great way for websites to get traffic instantly, but it is expensive. PPC can be so expensive in certain industries and niches that small businesses may not be able to afford it.
- SEO can be slow to see results but it is easy to do. A simple competitor analysis will show you keywords and phrases with high ranking difficulties. It can also reveal backlinks acquired and the structure of their content. These information can be used to benchmark your ranking.
While neither is better than the other, most businesses find that a combination of both (alongside other methods) of lead generation works well
Local businesses should aim to get qualified prospects to their website.
If a landscaping company is using SEO to draw people to their site, they should aim to be able to offer a quote, make a call, or book an appointment.
This question is not easy to answer. However, we strongly recommend that you incorporate SEO into your website while it is being built. Google will see your website as well-structured, fast, and with the correct keywords and heading tags when they crawl it.
The Google Search Console and similar tools make it easy to get your site indexed by search engines. It can take up 4 weeks for Google bots and crawlers to crawl your website.
It's important to consider your SEO efforts as long-term campaigns. You may not see significant results for 6 months.
Search Engine Journal provides a guideline on how long it takes to rank at the top of Google 1. It estimates 9-12+months for competitive keywords, and 1-4+months for non-competitive keyword. Major brands and household names will need to wait 3-6+ months to get competitive keywords while non-competitive keywords may take 1+ month.
A variety of factors influence how long it takes to see improvements in results.
- Competitiveness in your industry and keywords
- Domain age/authority and if the site has been penalised in the past
- Previous optimizations
- Your ability to create quality content
Digital Marketing is a relatively recent form of marketing that uses the internet, electronic devices, and digital channels to connect prospects and customers.
Digital marketing, as it is defined, is primarily any type of marketing activity that is online. In contrast, traditional marketing is any kind of marketing activity that is done offline. This includes traditional marketing channels like billboards, newspapers, radio ads, TV and radio, direct mail, and billboards.
Traditional marketing is focused on mass audience targeting and generic messages. These campaigns are usually locked in for long campaigns. Digital marketing, however, allows for highly targeted, flexible, and data-driven campaigns that can easily be changed or tested.
Digital marketing has advanced to the point that many specialists consult businesses to help them develop and implement effective strategies.
Digital marketers should be able to understand digital channels and can plan, implement, test, and optimize marketing campaigns that promote companies and their products or services.
Your customers and target market are likely to use digital devices or spend their time online. This means that your business must implement digital marketing campaigns.
An effective digital marketing campaign requires many elements. These include choosing the right digital channel for your target audience, aligning your campaign message with your brand's message, copy and visuals, campaign structure and targeting options.
If you don't have the knowledge and experience to understand these fundamental elements, shifting your marketing efforts towards digital marketing won't guarantee leads.
To be successful in digital marketing, your business goals must be aligned with yours. This may not necessarily mean that you want to generate leads. We understand our clients' business objectives and goals before we create campaigns. Then we propose strategies that will help them achieve those goals.
Digital marketing should begin with your target audience and your current audiences. This will allow you to identify the digital channels and platforms that resonate with your target audience. TikTok and Instagram could work well if your target audience consists of young women interested in products for the gym.
Next, consider your marketing goals and how they can be aligned with your business goals. Local SEO or PPC might be a good option if you want to improve visibility in your local community. UX testing is a good option if you are more focused on optimising your website to reduce bounce rates.
You should also create business pages for your company on social media to reserve your name (before anyone else does) and to purchase your domain name through any domain registry such as NameCheap or CrazyDomains.
You should optimize your website for search engines.
Sign up for Google Adwords, create PPC accounts on Social Media and start running campaigns to find out what works.
Your marketing campaign goals will determine the tools you choose, but there are some tools that can be used for all businesses. These tools include:
- Google Search Console allows you to communicate with Google through your website.
- Google Analytics and similar tools for tracking website traffic and reporting. This tool provides detailed analytics for your website, including the number of people who visit it each month, what pages they view, their origins, and more.
- Facebook Pixel is a tool that helps you track conversions, create targeted audiences and remarket directly to people who have engaged with your website.
- Lighthouse to improve your website's accessibility, performance, and SEO.
- Google My Business to get a free listing for your business on Google Search Engine or Google Maps.
- Google Keyword Planner for keyword research.
- Ahrefs, SEMRush are two great options for SEO planning and execution.